Monday 5 May 2014

Canalway Cavalcade at Little Venice

I took the opportunity of a sunny bank holiday weekend to visit Little Venice and their gathering of canal boats. It was a jolly get-together, with lots of people asking mundane questions about narrow boats and friendly boat owners answering kindly. Quite a variety of boats too, all decorated with bunting and flags, some with highly polished engine rooms, others traditionally painted. I'm afraid dear Patience would have felt a bit under-dressed.
A band played easy-going jazz, there were lots of stalls and a lengthy queue for the beer tent. I bumped into squadrons of shiny helium balloons and rather enjoyed myself. To be recommended next year on May Day Weekend.


Incidentally, if we were to take Patience to the Little Venice fair next year it would take us eight full days of boating, involving 92 locks. And that's just one way. I feel tired already ....


No comments:

Post a Comment