Tuesday 8 February 2011

The Considerate Boater

Others being considerate to us is what, I feel sure, we all appreciate.
It's been said that most advice from world religions come down to one thing - do as you would wish to be done to. So I thought I'd share some good news. I've just found a  lovely site called The Considerate Boater which doesn't preach or instruct but guides the reader pleasantly, wisely and helpfully through good behaviour on our waterways. And I've added it to my list of boating links.
It's a beautifully simple site, graphically clean and textually plain, with simple advice modestly expressed.
I guess the vandals and the loud, the litterers and the aggressive won't want to read it, but the rest of us can't fail to pick up some tips here. If the meek shall inherit the earth, perhaps considerate boaters will find their place on the waterways.
Remember - canals are the quickest way to slow down ....


No comments:

Post a Comment