Thursday 7 June 2012

Fair Weather Boater

Okay, I admit it, I'm a fair weather boater. I enjoy sunlit scenery, dappled shade from overhanging trees, light and shade to give life to my views. Into every life a little rain must fall, and Patience has enough waterproofs to keep us dry and warm for days on end if necessary, but I'm not wild about setting out on days that promise only dull cloud and steady rain.
So it was that John and I cancelled a proposed trip up The Lark. Old softies? Maybe ... but boating is supposed to be fun and as I write this it's dull with constant rain and more wind than is comfortable.

I don't have much of a photo collection for Narrow Boats and Rain, but it does remind me of the day we took the wrong route and found ourselves in a boating pageant being saluted by a small chap with a toothbrush moustache. Choppy day, lots of rain, and I asked a bloke from a nearby submarine to take a  a photograph for me. I reasoned no-one would believe me....

No comments:

Post a Comment